A common complaint aimed at commercial grinders is the inability to check or adjust burr alignment. In the majority of machines, burrs are buried deep inside the grinder which makes a visual or mechanical inspection impossible. If there is an issue, evidenced by uneven burr wear or inconsistent shots, manufactures don’t offer adjustment mechanisms to calibrate a burr set after assembly.
We designed the EG-1 to make it simple for the user to both verify and adjust burr alignment. Without the use of any tools, the EG-1 burr set is fully accessible in less than 20 seconds. Ease of access to the burr set facilitates both regular maintenance and daily cleaning. If necessary, adjustments to alignment can be made with a 4mm metric hex key in a matter of moments without having to disassemble the grinder.
In the unlikely event that your machine needs to be aligned, this process can be performed quickly and with ease.
- Be Smart. Before replacing the burr set on the EG-1 Grinder, unplug the Control Module from mains electricity and wait 5 minutes to allow the unit to fully discharge.
- Read the entire guide before starting the task of aligning the burr set.
- If you have recently replaced the burrs on the grinder, ensure that you have fully followed the burr installation instructions before aligning the burrs. The burrs must be installed correctly prior to alignment.
- Remove the Upper and Lower funnels from the grinder.
- Adjust the grind level so that both burrs touch.
- Using a 4mm hex key, loosen the four socket head cap screws that attach the lower Bearing Mount to the side armatures. The screws should be finger tight and the lower bearing mount easy to shift along the same plane as the burrs.
With one hand place fingertips around the outside circumference of the burrs, and on top of the gap between the discs.
Shift the lower bearing mount till the two burrs feel completely concentric. Gradually tighten the four hex screws in a circular fashion to secure the lower bearing mount.